VA Beach Blog

Coming straight to you from Virginia Beach, Virginia - Campus Crusade for Christ Summer Project 2006.

name: shane hutchinson
location: virginia beach, va

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Goodbye Staff

Alright, so as I said in my last update, the staff left last Friday. Which means that students are running the entire project right now. So far, it's going pretty well, and I definately thought that there would be more kinks than there have been. It's really cool to see the students step up and take ownership of the rest of the summer here. I just hope that we can continue to get excited and encourage eachother to keep growing and keep pushing harder, since we don't have any leadership to do so. And I have confidence that we will... the amount of community and fellowship at this project is by far more than I have ever experienced before, and it's incredible.

As far as ministry goes, our outreach for this Saturday is a giant Slip n' Slide into the ocean. I think it's going to be a great way of gathering people and just hanging out with them. A thing that I've learned here is that just because people don't talk about spiritual things in their daily life doesn't mean it needs to be a taboo subject. I usually just assume that people are touchy about that kind of stuff, but the reality is is that it's just another thing to talk about - and as I've been learning, the most important thing on earth to talk about.

Anyway, sorry for that rant. Here's a few photos of our last night with staff:

All of the guys from Colorado School of Mines


This is Scott, the (former) project director and his kids, Zack and Gabe.


Me and Scott


A bunch of people at the Agape Feast

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear all of this.

i love you...and i miss you, kid.

danielle

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home