VA Beach Blog

Coming straight to you from Virginia Beach, Virginia - Campus Crusade for Christ Summer Project 2006.

name: shane hutchinson
location: virginia beach, va

Monday, June 05, 2006

First Post from Virginia

Alright, I'm here! We started on Saturday, but we were really busy and I didn't have time to post... then yesterday we tried going to the library (that's where I'll be going all summer to access the Internet) and realized they were closed. Now, I finally have a few minutes to let you guys know how everything's going (although I really do only have a few).

First, this place is amazing! I already love the beach (although the mountains are much better) We're going through a bunch of training and orientation right now, so there's not too many exciting things going on yet, but I know there will be plenty of things happening in the next couple weeks. For one, the biggest beach socc tournament in the world is here next weekend and we'll be holding a mini-service for people to attend on Sunday outside - that's our first official outreach. To hold you over until more happens, here's some pictures:


my room... not bad, eh?


another picture of my room...


the paradise resort... where there is neither paradise, nor resort.

I promise the next post will have some shotsof the beach ;)

God bless you all,
Until next time,
Shane

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well since you now dont want to talk to me, all I will say is. That I lied, but just letting you know I am praying for yall out there.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the flowery curtains.
miss you, punk.
danielle

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home