VA Beach Blog

Coming straight to you from Virginia Beach, Virginia - Campus Crusade for Christ Summer Project 2006.

name: shane hutchinson
location: virginia beach, va

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Another Update

Sorry I haven't been able to post an update recently - internet access is not as common as I would have hoped. Here's the scoop of what's going on here...

Today has been and currently is insanely rainy... it has been pouring since I got up this morning - our courtyard has about 3 inches of standing water in it right now. They're saying it's because of the hurricane.

Saturday was our first official outreach, and it was pretty incredible. We all went to the beach to the biggest sand soccer tournament in the world and handed out DVDs of a few famous soccer players giving their life stories and how God changed their lives. I got to talk to a few really awesome people, and invited them to join our worship service that following Sunday. Here's a couple pictures...





All of the people in the area are very receptive and willing to talk about stuff that they don't talk about in everyday life, like God and spirituality. It's really encouraging to watch as God has a hand in every conversation and helps to give us boldness and strength.

For those of you that don't know, I broke my arm right before project playing Ultimate Frisbee. I have a water proof cast on right now, so I can still go to the beach and everything, but it makes a lot of things harder. However, I'm almost finished - only 15 more days!

Also, I finally found a job - I started work on Monday at The Princess Anne Golf Country Club, doing maintenance on the golf course there. It's a good job, but early hours (starts at 6:30) and hard work (especially with my arm). Yesterday our boss worked us for 10.5 hours... a little too long for my taste, especially considering all of the stuff going on here.

I hope all of you are doing well, and please continue to pray for me. Thanks for your support, and feel free to leave comments below. Oh, and as promised, here are some shots of the beach...





Shane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home